[Xcb] Splitting up xcb-util repository

Dirk Wallenstein halsmit at t-online.de
Thu Dec 2 00:38:48 PST 2010

On Wed, Dec 01, 2010 at 10:02:34AM +0100, Arnaud Fontaine wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     > It might  be beneficial for cloners if  the repos themselves would
>     > have the xcb prefix, like: xcb-utils-wm.
>
> Currently, we  have xcb/util, so  I'm thinking about following  the same
> naming  scheme for the  repositories to  be pushed,  namely xcb/util-wm,
> xcb/util-keysyms and so  on. When you clone, you  can still do something
> like:  git   clone  git://.../xcb/util  xcb-util,  but   maybe  I  don't
> understand what you mean?

Yes, that's what I meant.  But, being consistent is probably better
here.

It's just that I sometimes stumble upon this when writing modulesets.
It would also be easier to find personal clones (are you working on
xorg/font/util?).  However, it looks like there will be one big
moduleset soon, and the need to generate modulesets with scripts will
disappear.  So, no real problem.

--
Greetings,
Dirk