[Xcb] Splitting up xcb-util repository

Gaetan Nadon memsize at videotron.ca
Sun Sep 5 07:34:19 PDT 2010

On Sat, 2010-09-04 at 18:50 +0200, Arnaud Fontaine wrote:

> I completely agree with  you on the fact that it's not  a problem at
> all
> to require  Autoconf >= 2.62 for  libxcb and xcb-util, and  that's why
> have already  put this macro  in util-common-m4 repository  for
> xcb-util
> libraries  and as  soon as  I have  some time,  I will  do the  same
> for
> libxcb.

I have taken notes from the discussion here, which was not in vain. It's
the first time
in a year I hear someone coming loud and clear in favor of the
separation between
development-git and distro-tarball build scenario. I agree with Vincent,
I am just not
in a position to impose it. On the other hand I can propose a more
dynamic plan
to upgrade the toolchain so it comes sooner rather than later.

Gaetan