[Xcb] planning to remove xprint, libxprintutil and related packages

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Thu Apr 21 08:18:11 PDT 2011

On Thu, Apr 21 2011, Jamey Sharp wrote:

> - In libxcb master, I'd be happy to change configure.ac to default to
>   not building xprint. I'd personally continue building it because I
>   build all known extensions, just to check for build regressions, but
>   there's no reason everybody else needs to.
>
> - For Debian, while I can't argue with your point, Julien, that "I don't
>   see any good reason not to build it," I also don't see any good reason
>   *to* build it, and I have a lot of sympathy with wanting to "hide that
>   Xprint ever existed." :-)

If the decision to disable its building by default in XCB is taken, I
think we should follow XCB decision in the Debian packaging and disable
(or "not enable") its building.

But for the XCB-side decision, I really don't have enough hindsight to
have a decent opinion, so I'll leave that up to you. :)

--
Julien Danjou
❱ http://julien.danjou.info