[Xcb] when to do a new libxcb release

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Thu Dec 1 13:51:06 PST 2011

On 12/01/11 13:36, Michael Stapelberg wrote:
> Hi Alan,
>
> Excerpts from Alan Coopersmith's message of 2011-12-01 21:18:33 +0000:
>> I'd love to get the man pages in, but I'd also like to see a release in
>> time for the next katamari, which I guess is going to be hitching itself
>> to the Xorg 1.12 release schedule in February or so, and I don't know if
>> getting all the man pages done would be doable in that time frame.
> Is it necessary to get *all* the manpages done? Can’t we do a release with some
> manpages? That’s still a lot better than what we currently have :).

Yeah, I guess some is better than none, and we could do that, as long as we
we're clear in the release announcement that the man pages are a work in
progress, and if people find some are missing, just filing bug reports that
they're not done yet isn't useful, but submitting patches to add them is.

Or we could just add stubs for all of them, with a placeholder "To be written
notice" for the description so at least the auto generated prototype & struct
info is there.

	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith at oracle.com