[Xcb] How much of xcb is hand coded?

Michael Stapelberg michael+xcb at stapelberg.de
Mon Dec 24 13:50:29 PST 2012

Hi Micah,

Micah Nordland <mpnordland at gmail.com> writes:
> I was under the impression that all of the code in libxcb was generated
> from the xml, but now I'm not so sure. What is generated from the xml, and
> what isn't? I ask this because I'm considering what it would take to create
> a very minimal C++ port of xcb, and I want to know what I have to generate
> from the xml, and what I can do by hand.
Check out the git repository of libxcb (and possibly the various util
repositories, too, if you are interested in that). All of the source
code files which are in there — before you compile it — are not
generated automatically. E.g. for libxcb, that is xcb.h, xcbext.h,
xcbint.h, xcb_{auth,conn,ext,in,list,out,util,windefs,xid}.c, all of
them in src/.

--
Best regards,
Michael