[Xcb] State of XInputExtension

Christian Linhart chris at DemoRecorder.com
Mon Mar 13 14:52:46 UTC 2017

Hi Bart,

Thank you for taking a look and for your feedback.
I agree with you to just enable XINPUT and see what happens.

I'll post a patch for this soon.

To the state of QA-testing:

You are probably right that nobody has the time to write a test-suite.
(Though this could be a good project for OPW. It won't matter if it'll be half-finished. Half a testsuite will already be useful.)

There has already been QA testing for the stuff in xcb/proto, i.e., xinput.xml and xcbgen:
This is in use with another generator in my commercial product.
I.e., the protocol definitions are tested to the extent which is relevant in my product.
So, we won't throw untested stuff to users.
It'll be more for the fine-tuning. :-)

For some of the changes in xinput I have written testcases for libxcb, e.g., for SendExtensionEvent.
Mostly to test new features that I have added to the generator.

Cheers,

Chris