[Xcb] State of XInputExtension

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Sun Mar 12 22:26:16 UTC 2017

On Sat, Mar 11, 2017 at 01:27:50PM +0100, Christian Linhart wrote:
> Hi Uli,
>
> I think that XINPUT-support in XCB is complete now, with the changes that I have pushed today.
> However, I'd like to get at least one second opinion on that before we enable it by default.

ah, that's great to hear, thanks!

> Especially, the newest changes in
> https://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/proto/inputproto/
> should be cross-checked with xinput.xml in xcb/proto.
> Most of my changes are based on the state of the XINPUT-spec from 2014 or so.

there haven't been any serious changes to the protocol since inputproto 2.3
(March 2013), it was just spit and polish after that. The only one that
could have an effect on xcb is
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/proto/inputproto/commit/?id=c2cf8cab4aa781306ff26b171107d26f12bac015
but that one only if you managed to copy that typo :)

Cheers,
   Peter