[Xcb] [ANNOUNCE] libxcb 1.16

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Sat Aug 19 16:06:59 UTC 2023

On 8/19/23 00:34, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Wed, Aug 16, 2023 at 04:20:51PM -0400, Matt Turner wrote:
>> Alan Coopersmith (4):
>>        configure.ac: drop dependency `pthread-stubs` on Solaris
>>
>> Jan Beich (1):
>>        configure.ac: drop `pthread-stubs` dependency on DragonFly and FreeBSD
>>
>> PaperChalice (1):
>>        configure.ac: drop dependency `pthread-stubs` on macOS
>
> Can we whitelist this instead of blacklisting it?

We probably could, but so far everyone has just been taking care of the
platforms they deal with and leaving it to others to deal with the rest.

> NetBSD doesn't need it either. pkgsrc removes it completely. Which
> platform does actually need this?

I don't know - someone would have to check all the functions listed in
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/lib/pthread-stubs/-/blob/master/configure.ac?ref_type=heads
are available in libc (or whatever their default set of link-time libraries is).

         -Alan Coopersmith-                 alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
          Oracle Solaris Engineering - https://blogs.oracle.com/solaris