[Xcb] [ANNOUNCE] libxcb 1.16

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Sun Aug 20 16:08:29 UTC 2023

On 8/19/23 09:06, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
>> NetBSD doesn't need it either. pkgsrc removes it completely. Which
>> platform does actually need this?
>
> I don't know - someone would have to check all the functions listed in
> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/lib/pthread-stubs/-/blob/master/configure.ac?ref_type=heads
> are available in libc (or whatever their default set of link-time libraries is).

I suppose the other option is to just copy that check from the pthread-stubs
configure.ac directly into the libxcb configure.ac.   Having pthread-stubs be
separate made sense when it was actually a shared library of compiled stub
functions, but not now that it's just checking whether to pass the -pthread
flag to the compiler or not.

         -Alan Coopersmith-                 alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
          Oracle Solaris Engineering - https://blogs.oracle.com/solaris