CD Burning Library

"Marc Boris Dürner" mduerner at gmx.net
Mon Dec 1 20:36:20 EET 2003

> Something nice in stdc++ would be pretty cool.
> Maybe a stream based set of classes?
> Whats the attraction to ugly old-school C? I am sick of yet another
legacy-C
> library.

>cause the "legacy" C library can be easily and quickly wrapped into
>C++, Python, C#, etc.  if it was in C++, it would never be used anywhere
>but C++ most likely.

Wrapping up a legacy-crap-C library doesnt really help. You can write
wrappers for c++
libraries too, you know. There is absolutely NO reason to still use old C in
a new project.
Also experience shows that wrappers are unpopular because they have to be
maintained
and suffer from the C-code below it. So If you write it in C its going to be
used from the C
interface. No matter how "easy" ir is to write wrappers.

Of course I can not stop you from polluting the environment with more poor
and primitive
C libraries, but dont expect anyone to use it (especially from the KDE
camp)!

Hear from you soon in the insecurity-news.

Marc

--
Neu bei GMX: Preissenkung für MMS-Versand und FreeMMS!

Ideal für alle, die gerne MMS verschicken:
25 FreeMMS/Monat mit GMX TopMail.
http://www.gmx.net/de/cgi/produktemail