CD Burning Library

"Marc Boris Dürner" mduerner at gmx.net
Mon Dec 1 20:41:34 EET 2003

On Monday 01 December 2003 19:29, Navindra Umanee wrote:
> Sean Middleditch <elanthis at awesomeplay.com> wrote:
> > because the "legacy" C library can be easily and quickly wrapped into
> > C++, Python, C#, etc.  if it was in C++, it would never be used anywhere

> > but C++ most likely.
>
> I've said this often: You can write C++ code and export clean C
> bindings fairly easily.  That way you get the best of both worlds.  I
> believe FAM is an example of this.

I agree with this. Even though for many languages you dont even need a
legacy-C
interface. gcc can mix objc and c++ and java freely. For Python and Perl
there is SIP or a
free tool from boost.org that creates a C intermediate, but it might be
better to provide a
commandline tool for the scripting languages, because they are not designed
to write
traditional applications yet. If they were, they had a real native interface
and not only a
primitive C native interface.

Marc

--
Neu bei GMX: Preissenkung für MMS-Versand und FreeMMS!

Ideal für alle, die gerne MMS verschicken:
25 FreeMMS/Monat mit GMX TopMail.
http://www.gmx.net/de/cgi/produktemail