Proposed Browser Bookmark Sharing Standard.

Alexander Kellett lypanov at kde.org
Fri Jun 27 11:27:57 EEST 2003

On Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 12:46:17PM +0530, Biju Chacko wrote:
> I've been thinking that it would be nice if browsers shared bookmarks
> and history. So I wrote up the attached proposed standard. For those of
> you who prefer nicely formatted HTML there's also a URL:

all the good [1] browsers now use xbel for bookmark files see:
   http://pyxml.sourceforge.net/topics/xbel/

> http://www.symonds.net/~botsie/bookmark/t1.html

two points.
1) imo files suck for bookmark storage, and xml is much nicer
2) history needs to written/read extremely fast, possibly
contains browser specific data and sharing isn't really of
all that much use anyway imo.

mvg,
Alex

[1]: i.e. just galeon and konqi from what i remember,
     though luckily opera can also import.