KWIG Qt->Gtk porting layer and merging main loops.

Lennart Poettering mzkqt at
Wed Oct 27 23:06:05 EEST 2004

On Wed, 27.10.04 13:23, Avery Pennarun (apenwarr at wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 27, 2004 at 06:57:21PM +0200, nf wrote:
> > KWIQ Qt adaptation layer:
> >
> > I'm just curious. Don't you think that such a "common main loop" would
> > help to avoid lots of code duplication and improve (free)desktop
> > interoperability? Maybe a little expert discussion could inspire someone
> > to play with this...
> Common mainloops are a wonderful thing that we should definitely have.  With
> WvStreams and UniConf, we've done a bit of hackery to make this sort of
> thing work (make the WvStreams/UniConf stuff all work asynchronously without
> threads in your favourite mainloop, be it WvStreams, Qt, glib, or win32).
> If we can manage to agree on a common standard, that would be perfect.  I
> think libevent should be that standard.  Just grab it and use it; it's the
> basic model that everything else is based on anyway.  I'm pretty sure glib's
> mainloop stuff is sufficiently flexible that you can probably do this pretty
> transparently.  Qt, I'm not so sure.  Something about QSocketNotifier.

You know the main loop abstraction layer library liboop, don't you?

name { Lennart Poettering } loc { Hamburg - Germany }
mail { mzft (at) 0pointer (dot) de } gpg { 1A015CC4 }
www { } icq# { 11060553 }