Qt/GTK Skinning

Sven sven.lug-dorsten at gmx.de
Mon Jul 25 12:18:39 EEST 2005

Am Montag, den 25.07.2005, 09:40 +0200 schrieb Philip Van Hoof:
> In the end it shouldn't, for the user, matter what windowing system
> the user is using...
ui differences between kde-qt and gnome-gtk are that big, you cant hide
them by creating unique themes for both worlds, though i like what
ubuntu has done in this case. ( And what makes me believe that job does
not belong to f.d. but to the distributors. )

If you would create themes to make gnome and kde look really unique, the
user will ask - why does the file open dialog work so different in k3b
and gedit? - The hole ui design is different!

> GN-whatever. The user wants it to "just work".
Therefore i asked for a standard interface programmers can use where
standard dialogs like open, save, save as are implemented. So if you run
a qt app in gnome the dialog is substituted with a gtk one.
So users gets the proper dialog for his desktop, where its possible.

cheers,
Sven Jaborek