Menu spec update (summary; closure?)

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Sat Mar 25 06:19:49 EET 2006

> I would think that these people would often be using distro-provided
> tools for package management, so everything just working becomes the
> distros concern. Users who install non-distro packages usually have to
> put up with other things anyway.

Sorry; I just cannot let that comment pass.

The reason users have to 'put up with other things', is because
it has been virtually impossible to build a 'non-distro' package
that behaves in a rational fashion.  That is exactly the problem
I would like to solve.

Making this the users problem is just not an interesting option, IMO;
that's what we have today, and it stinks.

Cheers,

Jeremy