org.freedesktop.SessionManagement

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 15:52:49 PDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-04-02 at 18:39 -0400, William Jon McCann wrote:

> Nada.  I just wanted to point out that I've been working hard toward
> the goal of providing some LoginManager/DisplayManager D-Bus
> interface.  Lots of rather unpleasant refactoring must be done first
> unfortunately.  So, this is still a few weeks away.

So the idea is that gnome-session holds the per-session
org.freedesktop.SessionManagement service with methods:

Logout (boolean interactive)
Shutdown (boolean interactive)
Restart (boolean interactive)

And also provides a method for applications to register a callback for,
something like:

Register(void)

User tells gnome-session (or KDE equiv...) to reboot. Assuming okay,
then tells (system) GDM to notify other sessions, and then do the reboot
using HAL.

Cracktastic?

Richard.