org.freedesktop.PowerManagement version 0.2

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Thu Apr 26 14:37:39 PDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-04-25 at 13:16 +0200, Kevin Ottens wrote:
> I'm just wondering if we shouldn't try to give a bit more control to the
> applications when they call Inhibit. For instance, the app might want to
> provide a hint that it doesn't want suspend and hibernate to happen also when
> they're triggered manually.

Are you suggesting to let the implementation (e.g. g-p-m) refuse e.g.
hibernate/suspend even when the user actively wants to do that (by e.g.
pressing a button)? That's a bad idea I think... it'll just piss of the
user and make him remove the power from the computer the hard way
(removing the AC and plugging out the battery) because he's late for his
flight already.

So I guess it's a bit hard for me to think of reasonable use cases that
would justify complicating the API with such two booleans. Do you have
use cases that covers all four states?

    David