org.freedesktop.PowerManagement version 0.2

Patryk Zawadzki patrys at pld-linux.org
Wed Apr 25 04:28:01 PDT 2007

On 4/25/07, Kevin Ottens <ervin at kde.org> wrote:
> > * Added Inhibit interface for initial review.
>
> I almost like it. :-)
>
> I'm just wondering if we shouldn't try to give a bit more control to the
> applications when they call Inhibit. For instance, the app might want to
> provide a hint that it doesn't want suspend and hibernate to happen also when
> they're triggered manually. I'm thinking about CD Burning for instance, those
> applications clearly need to hint the power manager that they should not be
> interrupted be it because of an idle session, user wrongly requesting
> suspend, or because of very low battery.
>
> So I'd add two bool to inhibit similar to this:
>  bool except_user_triggered
>  bool except_on_low_battery
>
> They would default to "true", but applications would have the opportunity to
> disable one of those exception when inhibiting.

Nah, this really belongs to the system enhibiting rather than session
inhibiting (you'd also want to restrict other users from frying your
CD). Thus it should not be a part of the session interface but rather
a part of HAL (and from the traffic here it seems that a preliminary
implementation is already in its place).

--
Patryk Zawadzki
Generated Content