[kde-artists] Icon Naming: animations/process-working, & animations/process-idle

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Thu Jul 5 19:27:20 PDT 2007

Jakob Petsovits wrote:
> On Wednesday, 4. July 2007, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
>> I note that the Icon Naming spec includes:
>>
>> 	animations/process-idle
>> 	animations/process-working
>
> Er, no, the naming spec does not include process-idle.
> Instead, it says in the description of process-working:
>
> "The first frame of the animation should be used for the resting state of the
> animation."
>
> So, no need for process-idle, and especially not in animations.

You are correct that it isn't in the spec (yet?).  It is in the Tango
icons.  Part of the problem, I guess.  Tango and the Icon Naming spec
aren't 100% the same.

IAC, Tango has this and GNOME has added this:

http://www.mail-archive.com/cvs-commits-list%40gnome.org/msg85887.html

So, I think that we are going to need this.

<SNIP>

>> Comments?
>
> I'm not sure if it's necessary to do a specific KDE-branded icon, but in case
> it really is, it should be no problem to have one the way you described it.
> Apart from process-idle, which is not needed as mentioned above.

I'm not 100% certain about anything.  However, branding seems to be
traditional in browsers -- yet Firefox/Thunderbird has dropped it.  I
wouldn't like it if the KDE browsers didn't have a KDE branded throbber
when run with a KDE icon theme.

--
JRT