[kde-artists] Icon Naming: animations/process-working, & animations/process-idle

Rodney Dawes dobey.pwns at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 06:26:07 PDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-07-05 at 19:27 -0700, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> Jakob Petsovits wrote:
> > On Wednesday, 4. July 2007, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> >> I note that the Icon Naming spec includes:
> >>
> >> 	animations/process-idle
> >> 	animations/process-working
> >
> > Er, no, the naming spec does not include process-idle.
> > Instead, it says in the description of process-working:
> >
> > "The first frame of the animation should be used for the resting state of the
> > animation."
> >
> > So, no need for process-idle, and especially not in animations.
>
> You are correct that it isn't in the spec (yet?).  It is in the Tango
> icons.  Part of the problem, I guess.  Tango and the Icon Naming spec
> aren't 100% the same.

Everything in Tango isn't in the spec, and isn't meant to go in the
spec. The process-idle icon is there so we can support the current
spinner implementations in GNOME. They expect the idle image to be
separate from the animation image. The spec calls for the idle image to
be the first frame of the animation.

-- dobey