[kde-artists] Icon Naming: animations/process-working, & animations/process-idle

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Fri Jul 13 03:53:26 PDT 2007

Rodney Dawes wrote:
> I had no knowledge of how Firefox does the spinner
> image, when writing the specification.

I used this only as an example.  Actually, I should have referred to my
copy of the Firefox spinner which I attached to the original posting.

The important point is that there are two ways of doing this.  Well, the
spec might be introducing a third.

> I wrote the spec for this, such that the solution would work best for
> both GNOME and KDE. As it stands, tango-icon-theme has a bug in this
> regard. The spinner in Tango needs to be redesigned to work such that
> process-idle is the first frame of the process-working image.

There is some question about exactly what the spec requires of code, but
  that isn't currently my concern since I am not writing the code. :-)

I just wanted you to be aware of the issues.  The final decision is yours.

--
JRT