xdg base dir spec

Kees Scherpenhuijzen noik00 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 13:34:45 PDT 2008

Just to make sure;
>> And a common question: when i try to echo some of these variables it
>> returns a empty line. Does this mean it will take the default?
>
>No.  If you're using libxfce4util (I think Thunar may link to it
>already, so no added dep in doing so), you should use
>xfce_resource_lookup() and xfce_resource_save_location().
You are now stating that this function *must* be used to "simulate"
the same effect
$XDG_CONFIG_HOME would give?

Question about the use of these 2 functions:
When using xfce_resource_lookup (), second parameter is const gchar *filename
and with xfce_resource_save_location (), second parameter is const
gchar *relpath.
Does this mean the path must be harcoded implemented?(~/.config and/or ~/.local)

--
Kees