Notifications spec: Icons

Eugene Gorodinsky e.gorodinsky at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 04:44:37 PDT 2009

While on the topic of notifications... I think it would be pretty cool
to have "notification class" field as well. Or something like that.
The idea is to give the user full controll over how notifications are
handled. For example an IM could notify of new messages or when some
user in the contact list changes status. If the IM notifies of these,
the user could then customize the way s/he is notified: e.g. a
notification bubble may be shown or a sound could be played or
anything else the user thinks of (shut down the computer when a
certain download is completed). Has anyone else considered this?