Is applications-merged/ the default merge directory?

jupiter jupiter.hce at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 03:58:34 PDT 2012

Hi,

According to the spec:

"either gnome-applications.menu or kde-applications.menu depending on
the desktop environment in use must still use applications-merged as
the default merge directory"

But I cannot get it work, any menu I added to the applications-merged
never show up.

I even added following items from the Examples of the spec, it did not
work either.

 <-- Merge third-party submenus -->
 <MergeDir>applications-merged</MergeDir>

Could anyone give me an example to display menus in
applications-merged on Applications menu?

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Jupiter