Custom Icon on Mounted Volume

Kip Warner kip at thevertigo.com
Fri Jul 6 15:35:12 PDT 2012

Hey list,

I've taken a look through the Desktop Application Autostart
Specification and the Desktop Entry Specification. I'm wondering if
there is any fd.o or other reasonably reliable method of setting an icon
for a mounted volume under the various desktop environments? Under w32,
this is possible by setting a value for the Icon field in the
autorun.inf for a mountable volume, but not sure if we have an analogue.
Some times this is useful to do, such as in the case of a game disc.

--
Kip Warner -- Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred