[Xesam] Desktop Search Hackfest - planning

Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen mikkel.kamstrup at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 16:02:04 PDT 2008

Hey Guys and Gals,

I am back from vacation, hoping that I am not too late to join the
fun, being the upcoming hack fest.

IMPORTANT:
Can everybody with a remote interest in this event make sure they are
monitoring https://wiki.maemo.org/Desktop_Search_Hackfest somehow, by
RSS or by watching it via mail notifications, I think we should keep
all/most communications there to keep the bigger picture.

As I understand we have to come up with the schedule our selves. What
is sure is that we have two days. Maybe 21-22 Sept, but that is not
100% certain as I understand (I would also prefer 20-21 Sept. see
third point below).

Here are a few points worth discussion outside the wiki:

 * Are there any other things than BOFs and coding sessions we could
indulge in? I don't know if we should have presentations. Somehow it
would feel weird without it, but I am not sure that we need them as
such. Maybe mini-presentation/BOF would fare better if productivity is
our main goal.

 * How, formally, do we decide on an agenda? Personally I would
probably go for collecting proposals (ie, from people volunteering to
be responsible for them) on the wiki, and then have a small group of
people try and fit that into and agenda (giving room for hacking
sessions as well).

 * How much set in stone is 21+22 Sept? Can we make it 20+21 instead?
I believe it would be a tad more convenient, for me at least (although
I can make 21+22 if need be). Keeping it sat+sun would also leave
monday the 22nd for official wrapping up day. - Hacking on that cool
thing we talked about. Wrapping up the conclusions for the last two
days etc. I can of course see that this overlaps the Maemo summit
which might not be optimal. But still...

The last point could be discussed on the wiki too...

Cheers,
Mikkel