[Xesam] nuao user action ontology

Ivan Frade ivan.frade at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 05:14:14 PST 2009

Hi,

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 3:02 PM, Roberto Guido <bob4job at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2009-12-11 at 13:47 +0100, Leo Sauermann wrote:
> > this is going to be a great ontology that really can enable nice
> > applications to happen!
> >
> Probably people from Gnome Zeitgeist are also interested, I will try to
> contact them.

 I am indirectly involved in zeitgeist (wrote a couple of lines of code and
used it in a prototype), i was in the hackfest and i can talk about our
point of view about how to integrate tracker and zeitgeist (i.e. triplet
store and activity logging)

 Our solution is Zeitgeist storing all the history, running algorithms and
spitting refined data in the triplet store. In other words: Tracker is a
snapshot of the information, and Zeitgeist is the journal of how the user
got there.

 Storing all the history of activities of the user will spam any triplet
store (it doesn't matter how efficient it is), and doesn't provide any
direct benefit, because the value is in data-mining/analyze that raw data.
Basically this means that we don't need an action ontology in the store
(maybe it is useful for Zeitgeist itself, considering ontology as data
model... but i doubt a triplet store should be used at all there).

 Regards,

Ivan