[Xesam] oscaf/xesam ontology merge: who is going to maintain/edit what?

Leo Sauermann leo.sauermann at dfki.de
Thu Jun 18 00:48:11 PDT 2009

It was Sebastian Trüg who said at the right time 17.06.2009 18:04 the
following words:
> On Wednesday 17 June 2009 16:40:34 Evgeny Egorochkin wrote:
>
>> But can we import these issues from semanticdesktop trac instance? Can we
>> move away from it taking our data with us?
>>

> I don't know. This is something Leo or Antony could answer.

yes, we can, DFKI is hosting the server.

but it won't help us now, for sanity's sake we should rather copy/paste
the still-open tickets and add them to SF now, when needed,
I started copy-pasting the wiki pages we need.

We cannot import all tickets anyway, they are around 800 and only <100
are ontology-related and not so many are open.

Manually copying them can be done in half a day, it will take at least
double the time to write and test and run a script that exports the
RIGHT data from the existing file-based TRAC database and import it into
sourceforge.

seriously, importing the whole dev.nepomuk.semanticdesktop.org TRAC
database would be HELL now, this is not what we want to do, there is
very very very much crap in it also. That TRAC is mainly for maintaining
the Java semantic desktop project, the ontologies was a side-project.

if each ontology maintiner copies the tickets relevant for her/him, its
done in an hour.

_phreedom is already on sourceforge with admin rights, he can add the
components (I started already adding most of them) and I already started
moving the wiki but got stalled

please post your sourceforge account logins here, so that Sebastian
Trüg, Antoni, or myself can add you to sourceforge / trac.

best
Leo

DI Leo Sauermann       http://www.dfki.de/~sauermann

Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer
Kuenstliche Intelligenz DFKI GmbH
Trippstadter Strasse 122
P.O. Box 2080           Fon:   +49 631 20575-116
D-67663 Kaiserslautern  Fax:   +49 631 20575-102
Germany                 Mail:  leo.sauermann at dfki.de

Geschaeftsfuehrung:
Prof.Dr.Dr.h.c.mult. Wolfgang Wahlster (Vorsitzender)
Dr. Walter Olthoff
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
Prof. Dr. h.c. Hans A. Aukes
Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313