[Xesam] Desktop ontology svn layout

Sebastian Trüg strueg at mandriva.com
Fri Jun 26 01:41:35 PDT 2009

Hi guys,

Leo already imported all the data into the svn.
IMHO the layout is a bit chaotic. I propose to clean it up.

I'd say we make it very simple: top level dirs "ontologies" and "tools" in the
trunk. And then:

trunk
  ontologies
     release
        pimo
        nie
        nfo
        nco
        nmo
        ncal
        nexif
        nid3
     draft
        ndo
        nmm
  tools
     <whatever>

In the single ontology dirs I would put the trig sources directly. I propose
we work on those since trig is way easier to read and hack than rdf+xml and it
is the distribution format anyway.
Then the folders could have "documentation" subdirs which in the case of pimo
should include the sources for the pimo.pdf written by leo (if he agrees).
Each ontology folder will also have a ChangeLog file in which we should note
each change to the onto.
Do we need anything else?

Once an ontology is decided and should be released it is moved from the draft
to the release folder.

A tool could gather all release ontologies and package them for a release.

If you agree I will take care of this.

Thanks,
Sebastian