[Xesam] An open-source project for desktop ontology maintenance

Roberto Guido bob4mail at gmail.com
Mon May 4 12:17:39 PDT 2009

On Monday 04 May 2009 11:49:29 Sebastian Trüg wrote:
> Any objections against me creating the "desktop-ontologies" project on
> sourceforge and creating the "devel" mailing list?

My questions are not about the name or the distributing platform, but about
governance of this new (or at least recycled) project.

Who is involved? How to maintain discussion about relevant modifications in
the ontology? What is relevant, what is not? How to require a modification?
I like the iteration model from http://xesam.org/main/ProjectStructure ,
perhaps slow but able to grant satisfation by (almost) everyone: can be
adopted to this "Desktop Ontologies" also?

A project aiming at a community-driven specification is not just a page on SF,
some more detail has to be defined...

--
Roberto -MadBob- Guido
http://claimid.com/madbob