[Xesam] Missing classes: Notes and Feeds

Leo Sauermann leo.sauermann at dfki.de
Thu May 27 09:31:51 PDT 2010

Hi Guys,

I see the proposal as simple (Feed and Message)
and it can be part of NMO.

Good Idea!

According to http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/oscaf/wiki/NMO
tha maintainer of NMO is
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/oscaf/wiki/RobertoGuido
(cc)

I propose you create a ticket on
https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/oscaf/newticket
and add the proposes changes as N3 comment, a la
{{{
nmo:FeedChannel a rdfs:Class;
  rdfs:subClassOf nmo:CommunicationChannel;
  rdfs:label "...";
  rdfs:comment "...";
nmo:FeedMessage ..
}}}

According to our policy, you must get a reaction within 7 days.
https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/oscaf/wiki/OntologyMaintenance

If not, there are means (= this list) to step on the toes of someone.

Then, the suggested change is either accepted or rejected, but most
importantly,
its documented in the ticket also

can you go for it?

best
Leo

It was Ivan Frade who said at the right time 25.05.2010 13:03 the
following words:
> Hi
>
> On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 4:41 PM, Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen
> <mikkel.kamstrup at gmail.com <mailto:mikkel.kamstrup at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 21 May 2010 14:26, Ivan Frade <ivan.frade at gmail.com
>     <mailto:ivan.frade at gmail.com>> wrote:
>     > Hi Mikkel!
>     >
>     > On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 10:25 PM, Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen
>     > <mikkel.kamstrup at gmail.com <mailto:mikkel.kamstrup at gmail.com>>
>     wrote:
>     >>
>     >> Hi Xesamies, Nepomites, and Oscafanians,
>     >>
>     >> In the Xesam ontologies we have simple classes to describe items
>     >> pertaining syndicated messages, eg. xesam:RSSFeed and
>     >> xesam:RSSMessage. I can not seem to find corresponding classes
>     in the
>     >> Shared Desktop Ontologies. Any hints for me?
>     >
>     > In the proposed extensions from Maemo, we have nmo:FeedChannel
>     (subclass of
>     > communication channel) and nmo:FeedMessage (subclass of Message) to
>     > represent feed (channel) and items inside (messages). It is in
>     our todo to
>     > start the merge process of this changes in the shared desktop
>     ontologies
>     > set, but it is quite a bit of work.
>
>     Good to hear. I was also expecting that I wasn't the only one with
>     these needs. But why is it that it is "quite a bit of work"? That
>     worries me a bit..?
>

> The merge of our Tracker changes in the standard set of ontologies. We
> have already quite a lot of changes, some of them small (simple
> properties) others pretty complex (like the IM messaging, or the whole
> Email representation).
>

>     >> I have a similar question about notes created by note taking
>     apps such
>     >> as Tomboy and what have we..?
>     >
>     > On our side, no classes for it (yet), but i think it is a must.
>     There is a
>     > proposal in this wiki page:
>     >
>     > http://live.gnome.org/Tracker/Discussion/GnomeOntologies
>     >
>     > It needs still some love and review, but i like the idea, so
>     some feedback
>     > is welcome and it can be included soon in tracker.
>
>     I'd really prefer to have it under the Nepomuk/Oscaf umbrella sooner
>     rather than later (as I expect that note taking is general enough?).
>     Shifting between ontologies in a stable app is not very fun to do.
>     Possible, yes, but not very rewarding work.
>

> That proposal is not in tracker nor nepomuk set of ontologies so the
> integration can be very quick in both sides, once we get few more
> opinions about it.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ivan

Dr. Leo Sauermann       http://www.dfki.de/~sauermann

Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer
Kuenstliche Intelligenz DFKI GmbH
Trippstadter Strasse 122
P.O. Box 2080           Fon:   +43 6991 gnowsis
D-67663 Kaiserslautern  Fax:   +49 631 20575-102
Germany                 Mail:  leo.sauermann at dfki.de

Geschaeftsfuehrung:
Prof.Dr.Dr.h.c.mult. Wolfgang Wahlster (Vorsitzender)
Dr. Walter Olthoff
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
Prof. Dr. h.c. Hans A. Aukes
Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313