[xliff-tools] xml to xliff

Rodolfo M. Raya rodolfo at heartsome.net
Mon Mar 21 16:17:02 PST 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-22 at 09:56 +1000, Asgeir Frimannsson wrote:
> Also, in developing filters for XML based formats, it might be a good design
> decition to develop generic XML filters, with configuration files for each
> target file format specifying which elelments and attributes goes for
> localisation (I think this is the way e.g. Heartsome and Sun does it)..

Heartsome's XML filter is configurable by the user.

Besides the ability to define which elements and attributes need
translation, it is necessary to count with tools for catalogue
management.

To parse an XML file that has a DTD declaration you need to to resolve
the path to the DTD.

Sometime in the second half of this year we will change our current
catalogue system and implement support for OASIS catalogues in
Heartsome's tools. We have not taken a decision yet, but I'm thinking on
developing the new catalogue management as an open source module.

We also announced plans for rewriting our segmenter in Heartsome's wiki
(http://www.heartsome.org). We want  to implement support for SRX
(Segmentation Rules eXchange). If we don't do this as an open source
module, we will donate or current segmenter after the new one is ready.

Regards,
Rodolfo

--
Rodolfo M. Raya <rodolfo at heartsome.net>