Window Transparency without Compositing Manager

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Aug 7 08:43:12 PDT 2008

coldfire wrote:
> Yes, that would be great. You sure can post it anywhere (or as an attachment
> if its an option).

I think the thing that's confused everyone here is the whole "I do not
want to use a compositing manager" stance.... but what this has now
boiled down to is "I want to write my own cut down compositing manager".
Which ever way you look at it, you'll be "using a compositing manager"
even if you have it internally.

Please keep in mind that you should ensure your app plays nice if
another compositing manager is already running.

Col