xf86-video-savage: add missing xf86CrtcConfigInit in SavagePreInit

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 09:28:01 PST 2009

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 11:36 AM, Alex Villací­s Lasso
<a_villacis at palosanto.com> wrote:
> With the latest git for xserver and the latest git for savage, an attempt to
> start up crashes the server unless this patch is applied. It seems that an
> explicit xf86CrtcConfigInit() is now required in the PreInit stage of the
> driver setup. I found via valgrind that the absence of this call causes
> several invalid reads, but only the one triggered by DRIFinishScreenInit()
> actually crashes the server on startup. Grepping through the git code, only
> xf86-video-intel, xf86-video-ati, xf86-video-nv and xf86-video-siliconmotion
> have this call in their code. Does this mean that any other driver that
> tries to init DRI will crash in the same way with latest xserver?

These just all happen to be drivers with xrandr 1.2 support.
Something changed in the xserver that breaks non xrandr 1.2 drivers.
You should probably file a bug (https://bugs.freedesktop.org) and make
sure this gets fixed before xserver 1.6 ships.

Alex