Problem regarding configuring X server

Chris Wilson chris at
Tue Sep 15 03:56:13 PDT 2009

Excerpts from Flittigs at PICT's message of Tue Sep 15 11:47:57 +0100 2009:
> So we configured xproto with following command :
> *sudo ./ --prefix=/opt/gfx-test/

There is your problem. Always think long and hard before you invoke root
privileges. In this case sudo is sanitising your environment and
removing PKG_CONFIG_PATH and ACLOCAL. Configure and build the xserver
(and its dependencies) using your normal account, and iff you need more
privileges invoke sudo to perform the 'make install'. Though I would
just change the prefix to install into a writeable location.
chris.wilson at