[Clipart] Gradients: sugestion

Alan Horkan horkana at maths.tcd.ie
Tue Jul 6 16:07:25 PDT 2004

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004, Bryce Harrington wrote:

> Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 11:29:41 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Bryce Harrington <bryce at bryceharrington.com>
> To: "[ISO-8859-1] Alberto Simões" <hashashin at gmail.com>
> Cc: clipart at freedesktop.org
> Subject: Re: [Clipart] Gradients: sugestion
>
> Cool!  They're looking very good.  I need to figure out how to preserve
> the names that Alan gave to them in the Title.  Hmm...

it would be great if you could grab the gradient id (title?) if you can.

i think my tarball included a note explaining that I named them all with
the "gradient-" prefixing their id/title because it wanted it to be
blindingly obvious that these files contained gradients (which is
particularly helpful when they are not sitting a folder called gradients).

just so you know i used all the -hypens- because i've been doing a lot of
scheme recently, it is one less (awkward) keypress than _ and there were
odd cases in which Jasc Web Draw choked on spaces in id's if you switched
from between the wysiwig and source editors (actually it just threw an
error that interrupted my work flow which was annoying but saying it
choked is overly harsh although I did crash it plenty of other ways ...
I've really got to force myself to use inkscape more).

- Alan