[Clipart] Gradients: sugestion

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Wed Jul 7 18:15:29 PDT 2004

Alan Horkan <horkana at maths.tcd.ie> writes:

> i think my tarball included a note explaining that I named them all
> with the "gradient-" prefixing their id/title because it wanted it
> to be blindingly obvious that these files contained gradients (which
> is particularly helpful when they are not sitting a folder called
> gradients).

Yes, this is good practice.

> just so you know i used all the -hypens- because i've been doing a
> lot of scheme recently, it is one less (awkward) keypress than _

I'm ambivalent about the difference between underscore and hyphen;
they're IMO both fine characters for separating words in identifiers.

> and there were odd cases in which Jasc Web Draw choked on spaces in

Spaces should probably be avoided.  Too many things view them as a
delimiter.

I'm looking forward to being able to see previews of the gradients
now!