[Clipart] Mirror Sites?

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Tue Feb 8 21:55:18 PST 2005

Hansel Roush wrote:
> I've been trying to download the latest clipart package from
> www.openclipart.org for almost a week, trying it from different systems
> at different times of day. I have excellent bandwidth here and can
> easily download the file, but with every attempt I make I can only
> download a couple hundred kb before it stops or hangs and will not
> resume. Is there any mirror sites that I can try downloading from or
> alternates? Am I doing something wrong? Is there a problem with the
> website or is it due to heavy traffic? Help!

No, you are not doing something wrong. This is actually the first report of bad
download speeds we have heard of. We are considering mirroring strategies
currently for the project, but as of yet, do not have mirrors. Rather, we have
had several people note an interest in hosting a mirror.

If you have a linux distribution, you might search for an rpm through your
distributions standard system.

Please try again and if you have a problem, report back, as I am curious the
issues. Where do you live? And, what type of connection are you using? Those
things effect the speed of a download as well.

Thanks,