[Clipart] Copyrighted picture?

Dan Gerhards dan at seansastronomyshop.com
Tue Sep 20 07:55:30 PDT 2005

> The problem is, submitters don't always tell us the truth about that,
> and we don't always know.  Perhaps the submitters don't always know,
> or they think they know and are misinformed.  Anyway, we get images
> that are marked as public domain but in fact are not.

All this talk is worrying me; I submitted a picture that may be a problem. I
doubt it is, but I don't want to be accused of not telling the truth! It's
the little green ball with arms that appears on the covers of Douglas Adam's
Hitchhiker's Guide books. I did draw this version of the picture, but it may
be owned by someone else. I saw it on posters, book covers, the video games,
and so on, in many different forms and styles, so it seemed safe. Maybe it's
not. So now you know, and you can decide. The picture is called dont_panic.

---Dan