[Clipart] Screencast: graphical 'search with icons' tool

Jonathan Chetwynd j.chetwynd at btinternet.com
Fri Jul 11 08:28:17 PDT 2008

Tobias,

There's more than one good reason your work is on the home page.

I've a small favour to ask...

The pennyFarthing code is awful, admittedly not your error, rather
more likely down to Inkscape.
actually its barely your code at all, as I had to dig through it...
mouse over the components of the bicycle:
http://www.peepo.co.uk/temp/pennyFarthing.svgz
you'll notice each part has a title and hence a tooltip.
(did you know that in a recent grep of 7000 inkscape files, 6 had any
title content?)

it's about ensuring each part has an identity and title itself, and is
a clone,
sounds weird but other people can then incorporate parts of your image
in their work...
like the "frame" try: http://www.openicon.org/db/search.php?search=frame
if you try out the search engine and click on the icons, you'll get
the idea.

so back to the favour:

what I'd like is something similarly gorgeous to the penny farthing
which is a single object composed of parts.
but built with understanding from scratch!

pointers might be the code here:
http://www.openicon.org/icon-ark/weather-icons.svgz

or the effect here:
http://www.openicon.org/feeds/zanadu.svg

well if you got this far you'll realise I'm of course willing to pitch
in, comment etc...

kind regards

Jonathan Chetwynd

j.chetwynd at btinternet.com