[Xlibs] A hack for flashplayer

Christopher Blizzard blizzard@redhat.com
Mon, 17 Nov 2003 10:56:34 -0500

--------------080406050205080808020103

Keith Packard wrote:

>Around 9 o'clock on Nov 14, Christopher Blizzard wrote:
>

>>Yeah, but this means that Mozilla can't see the depth 32 visual,
>>either?  Also, are you sure that that isn't a bug in the Mozilla code?
>>We open a new X connection for the flash player - it's very possible
>>that we pick the wrong defaults and pass them off to the
>>

>Yes, mozilla cannot see the depth 32 visual if you enable this hack
>outside of Mozilla.  However, I don't think the fault is in Mozilla.
>Flash created the right kind of window and did many proper operations on
>it before creating a shared memory image of depth 32.  I have no idea why
>the presense of this new visual caused them to do this; certainly the
>presense of depth 32 image formats doesn't do it.
>
>We should check the plugin code to make sure it isn't doing anything
>silly just in case.
>
>The right kludge (heh) will probably involve special code in Mozilla that
>makes the flash connection not see the depth 32 visual while leaving
>things otherwise alone.  Otherwise, Mozilla won't be able to use the
>ARGB visual for menus and other eye candy, and that would be sad.
>
>-keith

Can we do these hacks per-x-connection?  That might actually be a nice
feature.  Along the line of what xfixes does (or whatever it's called.)

--Chris

--
------------
Christopher Blizzard

--------------080406050205080808020103

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Keith Packard wrote:<br>
  <pre wrap="">Around 9 o'clock on Nov 14, Christopher Blizzard wrote:

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Yeah, but this means that Mozilla can't see the depth 32 visual,
[...]

Can we do these hacks per-x-connection?&nbsp; That might actually be a nice
feature.&nbsp; Along the line of what xfixes does (or whatever it's called.)<br>
--Chris<br>
<pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">--
Christopher Blizzard
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://people.redhat.com/blizzard/">http://people.redhat.com/blizzard/</a>