Xserver Config file

Bjørn Lindeijer b.lindeijer at xs4all.nl
Thu Apr 1 06:35:01 PST 2004

Keith Packard wrote:
 > Around 9 o'clock on Apr 1, "P.I.Julius" wrote:
 >
 >>I'm just wondering if there is a possibility to have a config file for
 >>the xserver?
 >
 > I stick the desired command line in a shell script and link that to
 > 'X'.

Probably ~/.xserverrc is the right file to put a custom X server and
command line options? And /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xinit/xserverrc for a
global one. See manpage of startx.

I'm using ~/.xserverrc, which works fine like this:

[bjorn at myhost bjorn]$ cat ~/.xserverrc
exec /opt/fdo/bin/Xvesa -mode 0x0118 -dpi 72

Though because of the lack of GLX, hardware acceleration, proper WACOM
driver and issues with the xcompmgr (like logging out of GNOME acting
weird), I tend to switch back to XFree86. :(

Regards,
Bjørn