Kdrive and XF4VNC

Andrew P Cook acook at onexia.com
Tue Apr 13 06:21:18 PDT 2004

Thanks for this tip.  It seems to be working well.

The only problem I am having is the size of kdrive.  I pulled a copy off
CVS and when it compiled the Xfbdev file was over 8MB.  This is an
embedded application and I am limited in the storage I have.  I took the
stock Xfree 4.3.0 source and with a modified host.def Xfbdev was less
than 1MB.

The freedesktop code from the CVS doesn't seem to use the host.def file.
I passed some parameters to the configure script to disable features,
but it only had a minimal impact on the final size of Xfbdev.  Is there
a way to use the host.def file to get a comparable build or what other
way is there to control the final size of kdrive?

Andrew.