some queries on xserver

Suresh Chandra Mannava hardsuresh@yahoo.co.in
Mon, 9 Feb 2004 05:49:13 +0000 (GMT)

Dear Friends,

Installing xserver: Reg

I installed xserver successfully for my i686 redhat 9
desktop manually by downloading xlibs and xserver from
the CVS and followed the steps in this  script
http://www.freedesktop.org/~sk/xserver-inst.sh.

Is this the only way to build xserver? Or can we
follow any order?
Before cross-compiling for my architecture, I like to
clear some of my queries.

1)Does  passing of  host, target and prefix shell
variables  to autogen is enough?
2)Which are the  config.h files to be modified for
disabling threads, building static server and
disabling advanced options?
3)Are there any tips or hints available for cross
compiling xserver?

I request your help for the above queries.

Regards,
Suresh Chandra Mannava.

=====
Suresh Chandra Mannava.
Research Scholar, V I T, India.
Abacus, X & GNOME porting
Cornet Tech India
mannava<at>vit.ac.in

Yahoo! India Education Special: Study in the UK now.
Go to http://in.specials.yahoo.com/index1.html