Composite and damage status

Mathieu Lacage mathieu_lacage at myrealbox.com
Mon May 10 23:00:53 PDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-11 at 06:18, Keith Packard wrote:
> Around 14 o'clock on May 10, Egbert Eich wrote:
>
> > That's interesting to hear. I would have liked to see things getting
> > announced on mailing lists. Seems like there is still a lot missing
> > to call this a community :-(((
>
> Ah, sorry about that -- I guess we'd chatted about this at the developers
> conference and then in a few emails without making people more aware of
> what was going on.  It's not a huge effort; he's stealing pieces of the

hi keith,

I thought about sending a mail similar to the one sent by egbert a while
ago. While I am by no means a very useful member of the community (I
merely lurk around and try to keep up to date, in the hope that I can do
something one day), I find it very hard to follow the developement
around the X server and I have been unable until now to find the mailing
list where real discussion takes place. For example, a recent mail by
Jim Gettys refers to "discussions taking place" to decide on autotooling
issues although I never saw such a discussion on any of the xserver,
xorg and xlibs mailing lists.

Maybe it would make sense to put a pointer from the xerver wiki to the
real mailing list if there is one or to try to use one exclusively if
all these discussions take place privately.

regards,
Mathieu

Mathieu Lacage <mathieu at gnu.org>