Composite and damage status

Donnie Berkholz spyderous at gentoo.org
Wed May 12 01:39:07 PDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-05-12 at 03:47, Egbert Eich wrote:
> I've tried to give an overview over the mailing lists and attach
> a purpose to each one. The number of X related mailing lists which
> have a general technical scope is not that high (4-5).
> However I have no clue about the IRC channels and I'm waiting for a
> kind person to come around and shed some light in the present IRC
> structure both for the general public and for me.
> For my part the IRC situation is way more confusing than the mailing
> list situation and the lack of postings on the mailing lists indicate
> to me that the importand (and less importand) discussions all take
> place on IRC - which is kind of bad as there is not publically accessable
> archive of the IRC.

All these are on irc.freenode.net:

#xwin, #freedesktop - development, and #freedesktop also gets all the
other fd.o traffic

#xorg - oriented at the end user but some development talk happens here

#dri-devel, #dri - DRI-related development channel and its companion end
user channel

I imagine someone could set up an IRC bot to monitor the necessary
channels and post logs somewhere.

What did I miss?

Donnie
--