Mode setting API's

Ely Levy elylevy-xserver at cs.huji.ac.il
Thu May 20 08:14:07 PDT 2004

Hey,
It's a good question, my impression was that they are not aiming to the
opensource market and only using it as a starting point.
They had discussion if you release the SDK in free source or not and
although they decided that they would still no one say they still would
next time.
Usually when I say that people tell me that opengl is also controled by
companies, the simple diffrance I see is the fact that opengl does have
something to do with hardware and like it or not we need hardware
companies support, but AFAICS this is not the case with openML.
another thing I find weird is the lack of responds from the developers to
the forum they host, and the fact they complitly ignored existing
techonologies like openAL.

I'm not sure it's a good idea to count on them,
I hope the open standard community would release a better more community
aware standard

Ely Levy
System group
Hebrew University