[Accessibility] Re: Sentence Boundary Detection (Chunking)

Milan Zamazal pdm at brailcom.org
Mon Dec 20 05:03:42 PST 2004

    GC> In a recent discussion on a common speech API, we mentioned that
    GC> we ought to develop a standard library for "chunking" text into
    GC> sentences, which could be used by speech synthesis authors.

More precisely, we need utterance chunking, not only sentence chunking.
Consider long sentences, which must be split in smaller pieces.  Also,
don't forget long sentences may contain long parts without punctuation
(or the input text may not contain any punctuation at all).

Regards,

Milan Zamazal

--
It's amazing how much better you feel once you've given up hope.
                                                (unknown source)