[Accessibility] Audio framework requirements

T. V. Raman raman at users.sf.net
Fri Apr 1 16:42:52 PST 2005

This is a good document.
My current understanding of alsa and the layers above it tell me
that alsa and jack are a very good start, and to convince the
rest of the mainstream Open Source development community that it
is worth their while to look at the  needs we might  believe we
have discovered, a  necessary prerequisit is that  we first build
some solutions using what that community has created.

What we do not want to do in this exercise:

0)   Appear to be preaching accessibility to this developer
     community;
1)   Appear as making suggestions and comments without having
     first tried what is there.

As I said in an earlier note on this thread; ALSA is replete with
features that are very hard to discover, both at the user
configuration level as well as at the level of using alsa-lib.
Jack makes things simpler; but you still have to install the
layers, understand the bits, and build things before
one can file specific feature requests; at least I myself would
not feel comfortable filing such feature requests with the dev
community before having done the above.

--
Best Regards,
--raman