PCIe3 atomics requirement for amdkfd

Luke A. Guest laguest at archeia.com
Mon Dec 25 14:55:29 UTC 2017

Hi,

I have to agree here. At least there should be a non-PCIe-3.0 pathway
which implements them on the CPU, I mean, they're fairly simple atomics,
CAS, SWAP, FetchAdd.

What AMD have actually done is royally screwed over anyone with an FX
chipset, i.e. no OpenCL - the open source AMD one requires ROCm, they
abandoned Clover, maybe PoCL will work? Who knows.